Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.


Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Let Us Be Heroes in Our Own Way and Make A Difference for Our County

Nais kong ipost sa blog na ito ang isang e-mail na aking natangap na nananawagan para tayong lahat ay maging mga tunay na bayani ng ating bayan. Ngayong bagong taon bakit hindi natin subukan na mas mahalin at paglingkuran ang ating bayan...

Mga mahal kung kababayan, Disyembre 30,1896 sa Bagumbayan, Maynila, ang ating mga ninuno ay nagpugay sa isang taong kinuhaan ng lakas ng sambayanang Pilipino laban sa mga kastila. Mula sa saling-lahi makalipas ang isangdaan at labing-isang taon,ang kanyang buhay ay nananatiling nakaukit sa ating kamalayan.

In honor of Dr. Jose Rizal's immortal heroism , we continue to inspire the hearts and minds of every Filipino, his ultimate passion for the country he loved dearly. It is befitting that we end the year re-living his life as he stood proudly to die for you, me, and our children's children.

The form may changed, but the substance remains. His pen of eloquence is now mirrored by the youngest heirs of our generations. From global Filipinos' language rich immersion, his hopes of greatness uplift his soul to the next level of awareness.

Translated in English by Charles Derbyshire

Mi Ultimo Adios by Dr. Jose Rizal
My Last Farewell

Adios Patria adorada,region del sol querida
Farewell,dear fatherland,clime of the suncaress'd

Perla del mar de oriente,nuestro perdido eden
Pearl of the Orient seas, our eden lost

A darte voy,alegre,la triste,mustia vida;
Gladly now I go to give this faded life's best

Y fuera mas brillante,mas fresca, mas florida,
And were it brighter,fresher, or more blest

Tambien por ti la diera,,la diera por tu bien.
Still would I give it thee,nor count the cost.

En campos de batalla, lutchando con delirio
On the field of battle,'mid the frenzy of fight

Otros te dan sus vidas, sin dudas, sin pesar.
Others have given their lives, without doubt or heed;

El sitio nada importa: cipres, laurel o lirio,
The place matters not-cypress or laurel or lily white

Cadalso o campo abierto, combate o cruel martirio.
Scaffold or open plain,combat or martyrdom's plight,

La mismo es si lo piden la Patria y el hogar
'T is ever the same ,to serve our home and country's need.

Yo muero, cundo veo que el cielo se colora
I die just when I see the dawn break,

Y al fin anuncia el d'ia tras lobrego capuz;
Through the gloom of night, to herald the day;

Si grana necesitas,para tenir tu aurora,
And if color is lacking, my blood thou shalt take,

i Vierte la sangre mia, derramala en buen hora,
Pour'd out at need for thy dear sake

Y dorela un reflejo de su naciente luz
To dye with its crimson the waking ray.

Mi suenos, cuando apenas muchacho adolescente,
My dreams when life first opened to me,

Mis suenos cuando joven,ya lleno de vigor,
My dreams, when the hopes of youth beat high,

Fueron el verte un dia , joya del Mar de Oriente,
Were to see thy lov'd face,O gem of the orient seas

Secos los negros ojos, alta la tersa frente,
From gloom and grief , from care and sorrow free;

Sin ceno, sin arugas, sin manchas de rubor
No blush on thy brow,, no tear in thine eye.

Ensueno de mi vida, mi ardiente vivo anhelo
Dream of my life, my living and burning desire

i salud ! Te grita el alma que pronto va partir
All hail! Cries the soul, that is now to take flight

i salud! Iah,que es hermoso caer por darte vuelo,
All hail! And sweet it is, for thee to expire;

Morir por darte vida, morir bajo tu cielo,
To die for thy sake , that thou mayst aspire;

Y en tu encantada tierra la eternidad dormir!
And sleep in thy bosom of eternity's long night.

Si sobre mi sepulchral vieres brotar, un d'ia
If over my grave someday thou seedst grow

Entre la espesa yerba,sencilla humilde flor,
In the grassy sod, a humble flower,

Acercala a tus labios y besa el alma m'ia
Draw it to thy lips and kiss my soul

Y cienta yo en mi frente,bajo la tumba fria,
While I may feel on my brow in the cold tomb below

De tu ternura el soplo, de tu halite el calor
The touch of thy tenderness, thy breath's warm power.

Deja a la luna verme, con luz tranquila y uave;
Let the moon beam over me, soft and serene

Deja que el alba env ie su resplandor fugaz;
Let the dawn shed over me its radiant flashes

Deja gemir al viento, con su mumble grave;
Let the wind with sad lament over me keen

Y si desciende y posa sobre mi cruz un ave
And if on my cross a bird should be seen

Deja que el ave entone su cantico de paz.
Let it trill there its hymn of peace to my ashes.

Deja que el sol, ardiendo, las lluvias evapore
Let the sun draw the vapor up to the sky,

Y al cielo tornen puras, con mi clamor en pos;
And heavenward in purity bear my tardy protest

Deja que un ser ami go mi fin temprano llore;
Let some kind soul o'er my untimely fate sigh

Yen las serenas tardes, cuando por m i alguien ore,
And in the still evening a prayer be lifted on high

Ora tambien, oh patria, por mi descanso a Dios.
From thee, O my country , that in God I may rest.

Ora por todos cantos murieron sin ventura;
Pray for all those that hapless have died ,

Por cuantos padecieron tormentos sin igual;
For all who have suffered the unmeasured pain

Por nuestras pobres madres, que gimen su amargura;
For our mothers that bitterly their woes have cried,

Por Huerfano y viudas,por presos en tortura,
For widows and orphans, for captives by tortured tried

Y ora por ti, que veas tu redencion final.
And then for thyself that redemption thou mayst gain.

Y cuando , en noche oscura, se envuelva el cementerio,
And when the dark night wraps the graveyard around,

Y solos solo metros queden velando all I
With only the dead in their vigil to see

No turbes su reproso, no turbes el misterio:
Break not my repose or the mystery profound

Tal vez acordes oigas de c itara o salterio
And perchance thou myst hear a sad hymn resound

Soy yo, querida Patria, yo que ti canto a t i
'T is I ,o my country, raising a song unto thee.

Y cuando ya mi tumba, de todos olvidada
And even my grave is remembered no more

No tenga cruz ni piedra que marquen su lugar
Unmark'd by never a cross nor a stone

Deja que la are el hombre, la esparza con la azada,
Let the plow sweep through it , the spade turn it o'er

Y mis cenizas, antes que vuelvan a la nada,
That my ashes may carpet earthly floor

En polvo de tu alfombra que vayan a formar.
Before into nothingness at las they are blown.

Entonces nada importa me pongas en olvido;
Then will oblivion bring to me no care

Tu atmosfera, tu espacio, tus valles cruzare;
As over thy vales and plains I sweep

Vibrante y limpia nota sere para tu oido:
Throbbing and cleansed in thy space and air

Aroma, luz, colores, rumor, canto, gemido,
With color and light, with song and lament I fare

Constante reputed la esencia de mi fe.
Ever repeating the faith that I keep.

Mi Patria adolatrada, dolor de mis dolores,
My Fatherland ador'd , that sadness to my sorrow lends

Querida Filipinas, oye, el postrer adios.
Beloved Filipinas, hear now my last good-by!

Ahi, te todo: mis amores.
I give thee all: parents and kindred and friends

Voy donde no hay esclavos, verdugos ni opresores;
For I go where no slave before the oppressor bends

Donde la fe no mata, donde el que reina es Dios.
Where faith can never kill, and God reigns e'er on high!

Adios , padres y hermanos, trozos del alma m ia
Farewell to you all, from my soul torn away

Amigos de la infancia, en el perdido hogar;
Friends of my childhood in the home dispossessed!

Dad gracias, que descanso del fatigues d ia
Give thanks that I rest from the wearisome day!

Adios ,dulce extranjera, mi amiga, mi alegria;
Farewell to thee, too, sweet friend that lighted my way;

Adios, queridos seres. Morir es descansar.
Beloved creatures all, farewell! In death there is rest!

My humble tagalog version available
Salamat Po,
Marilyn Doromal

Pagod Ka Na Bang Maging si Juan?
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments: